This morning we are back at the grind, at least for the next 5 weeks before the baby comes. I have no idea what we'll do after that and have determined not to think that far ahead. In the mean time we have a somewhat regular weekly schedule and this morning's tasks are Spelling Test and Word Building along with some phonics exercises. So far, predictably, it's been a grandiose fight to get Theo to do any small exercise. I've had to argue with him the whole day. However, we have three outings planned each week and in addition to those I have included days for science classes which will include no written work, but rather book-reading and some easy demonstations and experiments. Before the baby comes I hope to get us through learning the parts of the fish, the frog, the turtle, and the bird in preparation for a trip to the aquarium, as well as a few simple chemistry and physics experiments. After the baby comes our "science" focus will be on plants as we try to get our garden going.
Here are some photos of our holiday activities:
Reading to friends
Trip to Manning Park
Walking in the woods
Trip to the aquarium
Theo making thank-you cards





No comments:
Post a Comment