Birthdays and valentines

We haven't even managed to get caught up since Christmas before yet another stat sent us off course. I need to remember that it doesn't matter. That he's wildly ahead in most areas and we will have plenty of time after Pascha to fill in all the missing stuff and finish up our various subjects before the end of June. 

Although daddy had to work the stat, Georgie's preschool and there library were closed making it a different sort of Monday. I could have made them do school work but decided on taking the day off and going to a friend's open house. Then Thursday was my birthday and I decided I wanted to relax. We had friends over and spent the morning in a book store. I love hanging out at bookstores. 

And now here it is Valentines Day. Georgie had a party at preschool and daddy started my morning off with a card and chocolate roses but Theo objected hotly to making valentines for some reason and as Eustace was clingy and whiny and had me up  before 6, I was not in a mood to fight about it. 

We did get all of his math work done for the week and did his science as well. But apart from math and science, I expect we won't get much done next week either. Next week we will be preparing for the  big  birthday party. It is technically Eustace's birthday that Saturday but as all three kids have their birthdays in Lent within weeks of each other, we are doing one big party before the fast. My aim is to keep up the math work and finish our animals unit in science before the end of next week so that after their party we can start on plants and Ancient Greece and get into the garden at the same time. 

The weather has been a bit warmer this week so there was lots of playing in the garden. Theo also did a lot of reading and even some writing of his own. He got very cross with me and wrote me a letter to tell me so. A healthy response I think. 

The really tough part of the last few weeks has been that Eustace is sleeping really badly for no apparent reason and I am absolutely wiped. Up till now I have coped with regular bad nights and little time to eat just fine. But after that virus we had a couple of weeks ago I've been feeling completely run down, especially when I have an exceptionally bad night with the baby or I don't get enough to eat. So I am not as on top of our routine as usual. But we keep trucking on through little by little and I think that's the main thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chaos and exploding metals

Monday of course was Thanksgiving and we didn't do school, but instead had a lovely meal with family. Tuesday was back to our weekly Sci...