Monday of course was a holiday for Remembrance Day so we didn't do school. Getting back into gear on Tuesday, therefore, proved less than successful and all he managed was one math lesson. Wednesday took us to the doctor because Georgie's navel incision had been a bit sore and that took all morning nearly. I had packed school things but, in his frustration with not being allowed to spend his morning colouring, Theo had removed his pencil case from his backpack and I didn't discover it till we were already out for the day. I made him write a journal about the meaning of Remembrance Day with my pen while we waited to see the doctor and then we borrowed a pencil from the library to do a little cursive and a language lesson in the afternoon.
By Thursday morning it had become apparent that Theo was simply going to fight with me about everything and I was not going to get him to do very much . He did a few math lessons in the morning and was thrilled to start multiplication. But otherwise the week was more or less wasted.
It's now Friday morning and I have decided that I don't want to fight with him anymore this week. We are heading out for a grocery run and a trip to Starbucks for a treat and will spend the afternoon chilling in front of a movie. This evening his grandma will take him to meet Chris Hadfield at a book signing. Hopefully next week will be a bit better. I plan to take the first week of December off from the regular curriculum to do field trips and cookie baking in the hopes that changing it up a bit will keep is all going till Christmas.



No comments:
Post a Comment