Another unusual week

Pretty soon the unusual weeks will be more usual than the usual ones. No. I must not believe that. 

We did almost no school this week. Greg and I were both sick with colds. Theo had the puke flu while we were in Seattle for American Thanksgiving. Then we had to spend a morning downtown for our Nexus application interviews. And another morning at the children's hospital to see Georgie's surgeon. By Friday I had no will to force school, an urgent desire to get groceries, and a delightful visit from a friend who taught me to make pastry the easiest possible way. 

This week Theo did a little math, a little science, and read books. Go us! Next week promises to be slightly less hectic. I had planned to take the whole week off next week in anticipation of St. Nicholas day on Friday ( which we will treat as a holiday anyway) but instead I think we will simply change our priorities and focus on our saint pages, make Christmas cookies, and work on some scrapbooks for grandparents. With all my shopping done for Christmas already I think we might actually manage to get back into routine before the break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chaos and exploding metals

Monday of course was Thanksgiving and we didn't do school, but instead had a lovely meal with family. Tuesday was back to our weekly Sci...